Sunday, March 1, 2009

Auction Weekend

What a weekend it has been, two auctions in two days. Have you ever been to an auction? Why is it that all the stuff you want sells for more than its worth and all the stuff that you don't need sells for dirt. I saw a 20k bedroom set sell for $1100 and an automatic rifle get bid up to 19k and it not make the reserve. The one thing I wanted at the furniture auction was a pub style breakfast table, it sold for $1500. The same table was $1000 at Ashley furniture when we went and looked the other day.

The guns I wanted at the auction all sold for well over what I considered fair market. While I am on the subject I thought we were in a recession or depression or something. How does some hill jack from Bloomington have 20k to bid on a gun? Maybe I need to look into redneck as a profession, it must pay better. Anyone reading this that has an AR15 that they want to sell give me a call.

A lot of other exciting things this weekend. Gabby went potty on her potty for the first and second time today. But I am sure you can read more about that on the family blog. Katie is wonderful, she does so much work around the house and lets me get out and play. She did get to go tan and watch the high school show choir. It was a big sacrifice on my part to let her go to this alone, I am glad she had a good time.

Well that's all for this weekend kids. More fun to come.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...thank you for the sweet comment honey! You know being a wife and mommy is my greatest accomplishment and I would not trade it for the world! I love you!

    ReplyDelete